Government Liaison & Protocol Officer
Role Overview: Full-time, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. This position requires a nuanced understanding of Lagos State government structures, protocols, and local business practices.
- The officer will be responsible for facilitating effective communication and maintaining robust relationships between Charterhouse Lagos and various government entities at the local and state levels.
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with Lagos State government officials, departments, and agencies. Serve as Charterhouse Lagos’s primary representative in all government interactions.
- Ensure Charterhouse Lagos’s compliance with Lagos State and Federal laws and regulations at all levels. Stay informed about legislative and regulatory changes within the Nigerian context that could impact the organization.
- Coordinate and manage visits from government officials, adhering to official protocols. This includes organizing meetings, preparing agendas, and ensuring that cultural norms and governmental protocols are respected. Ensure that any government visit is officially recorded.
- Communicate Charterhouse Lagos’s positions on various issues to Nigerian government stakeholders at the direction of the Director. Develop and submit official correspondence, policy briefs, and reports in a manner that aligns with local requirements and governmental procedures.
- Assist with coordinating and organising events involving government participation. Ensure that they meet both Charterhouse Lagos’ and Nigerian government’s protocol standards.
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts within the Nigerian government to facilitate efficient communication and operations.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Appropriate bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with a strong emphasis on government liaison or protocol management within the Lagos State context.
- Comprehensive understanding of Lagos State government structures, processes, and cultural nuances. Prior experience with the Ministry of Education would be helpful.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and understanding of business ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in English and Yoruba being essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.