Junior IT Technician
Responsible for providing technical support, the role involves troubleshooting hardware and software issues, assisting in network management, and supporting various IT projects. Ideal for technically skilled individuals, this position requires problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills, and a keen interest in IT developments. The technician will work in a dynamic, collaborative environment, offering ample opportunities for professional growth. This position is well-suited for those eager to build a career in information technology and contribute to the efficient operation of our IT systems.
- Act as the initial point of contact for IT-related queries.
- Provide prompt assistance in diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and network issues.
- Manage the reimbursement process for staff and faculty, ensuring compliance with school policies and proper documentation. Assist in maintaining LAN and Wi-Fi networks.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and collaborate with senior IT staff to resolve complex problems.
- Assist in the month-end closing process by preparing accounts payable reconciliations and supporting schedules. Set up workstations, including computers and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and update software applications, ensuring they are free of viruses and
- Create and maintain user guides and documentation to help staff troubleshoot common issues.
- Support the implementation of cybersecurity measures.
- Collaborate on IT projects, such as system upgrades, migrations, or the rollout of new applications.
Qualification, Experience and Knowledge:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Up to 1-2 years of experience in an IT support role (fresh graduates with relevant internships or project experience may also apply).
- Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Familiarity with Windows environments, as well as basic understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS).
- Familiarity with MS365 applications and administrative services.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.