Accounts Payable Accountant
Full-time, on-site, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. The role involves managing invoices, interacting with vendors, maintaining timely and accurate financial records, and implementing effective accounts payable practices. This role will be one of 2 or 3 members of staff within the Finance Team and will be required to assist with setting up processes and procedures in this new role.
- The Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the efficient processing of financial transactions related to accounts payable.
- Receive, review, and process invoices related to school expenses, ensuring accuracy and adherence to budget allocations.
- Schedule and prepare payments for approved invoices, taking into account the school’s payment policies and available budget.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors, addressing inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
- Collaborate with relevant school staff to verify and process reimbursements for approved expenses. Oversee the creative development and production of communication materials.
- Process payments related to student activities, such as field trips, extracurricular activities, and special events
- Qualification and Knowledge: Identify opportunities for process improvements within the accounts payable function, collaborating with the finance team to enhance efficiency.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.