Accounts Receivable Accountant
Full-time, on-site, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. The role involves collaborating with various departments, maintaining financial records, and implementing effective accounts receivable practices. This role will be one of 2 or 3 members of staff within the Finance Team and will be required to assist with set up process and procedures in this new role.
- The Accounts Receivable Accountant will be responsible for managing the school’s receivables, ensuring accurate and timely recording of financial transactions related to student tuition, fees, and other revenue streams.
- Generate and distribute accurate and timely invoices for tuition, fees, and other school-related charges.
- Receive and process incoming payments, including checks, electronic transfers, and credit card transactions.
- Regularly reconcile accounts receivable ledger to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare regular financial reports related to accounts receivable, providing insights into the school’s financial health.
- Stay updated on changes in relevant financial regulations and adapt processes accordingly.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or similar financial role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.