School Dining Room Supervisor
Role Overview: Primary responsibilities will include supervising the queue of children entering the dining hall, overseeing food service, managing clearing away, and providing supervision of cleaning activities.
- Maintain a proactive presence in the dining hall to ensure smooth operations and adherence to established guidelines.
- Organize and manage student queues during mealtimes to minimize wait times and maintain order.
- Oversee cleaning activities within the dining hall to ensure high standards of hygiene and sanitation are always maintained.
- Interact with students in a friendly and professional manner while serving meals, addressing any concerns or special dietary requirements as necessary.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on weekly food service activities, including feedback from stu-dents and staff, inventory levels, and any operational issues encountered.
- Adapt to a flexible schedule, including evenings, early starts, and one weekend day per week during term time. Collaborate with the team to ensure adequate coverage during peak times.
Qualification, skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, Culinary Arts, Supply, or a related field.
- Previous experience in hospitality supervisory roles, preferably in a school or institutional setting.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations in the education sector.
- Experience working with school administrators and faculty.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.