Assistant Procurement Officer
Full-time, on-site, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. The role includes implementing procurement policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure regulatory compliance and achieve cost effective outcomes.
- The Assistant Procurement Officer supports the organization by efficiently sourcing, negotiating and acquiring necessary goods and services.
- Support procurement processes, including vendor identification, evaluation, and selection.
- Evaluate vendor performance and provide feedback to the procurement team.
- Prepare reports on procurement activities, including cost saving.
- Identify and mitigate procurement-related risks.
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers and stay informed about industry trends.
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in procurement, inventory management or supply chain Management.
- Knowledge of procurement requirements, policies, and best practices.
- Strong negotiations and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal relationship- building skills.
- Familiarity with education-specific accounting software
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.