Data and MIS Lead
The role will work across the school functions to ensure the effective and efficient operation of iSAMS, and other systems, including business analysis, maintenance of content, setting up forms and reports, monitoring the consistency and quality of data, providing support and training to Teaching and Business staff, coordinating upgrades, and managing the relationship with third-party suppliers. Given the nature of the data held within the school, a high regard for Data Protection will be required. There will be close integration and cooperation with the IT department.
- Establish and maintain data governance policies, procedures, and standards to ensure data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Develop and implement data collection strategies, ensuring data quality, accuracy, and completeness. Manage data storage, backup, and retrieval processes.
- Design, develop, and maintain management information systems to provide timely and accurate reports for various departments within the organization.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their data needs and provide support for data-related projects and initiatives.
- Implement data security protocols and ensure compliance with data protection regulations, such as GDPR, the NDPA 2023 (Nigeria Data Protection Act 2023), and the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 or other relevant data privacy laws.
- Oversee the selection and management of data management software and tools, ensuring they meet the organization’s needs.
- keeping an up-to-date record of all software used by the school, and ensuring license renewals are always reviewed for relevance and value for money.
Qualification, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Data Management, or a related field.
- Master’s degree (desirable).
- The applicant must be highly personable and have the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- It is essential that the successful applicant be adept in all Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel & Word.
- Experience of working in a school and with school systems is desired but training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Have an adaptable and approachable working style, significant attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise their workload in a busy environment.
- Proven experience in data management, database administration, and MIS development, in particular, previous use of ISAMS is preferred.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.