Human Resource Assistant
Role Overview Full-time, on-site, 5 days a week, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events. The role involves acting as the liaison between Human Resource and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions and assisting in creating policies, processes, and documents.
- The human resource assistant renders a wide range of support activities in the department, from coordinating interviews/ meetings to maintaining employee database to posting job ads.
- Coordinate HR projects (interviews, meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes.
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc).
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonuses, leaves, etc).
- Communicate with public services when necessary.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
Qualification, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or any related course.
- Proven experience as an HR Assistant, staff assistance or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular).
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS.
- Familiarity with ATS software and resume databases.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of labour laws.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.