Personal Assistant to Director of Teacher Training and Professional Development
Role Overview: This role is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to facilitate the efficient operation of the school’s professional development provision.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, effectively managing inquiries and requests.
- Manage the Director of Teacher Training and Professional Development’s calendar, scheduling appointments, meetings, and school-related events.
- Draft and prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations on behalf of the Director of Teacher Training and Professional Development, ensuring accuracy and adherence to established standards.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, conferences, and events, including logistics such as venue booking, catering, and audiovisual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining positive relationships with staff by providing support and guidance on professional development matters.
- Assist in maintaining professional development records, PD transcripts, and other documentation in compliance with school policies and regulations.
Qualification, skills and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience (3 years) as a Personal Assistant or Administrative Assistant, preferably in an educational or academic setting.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities; keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and school management software.
- Knowledge of educational policies, procedures, and regulations is desirable.
Download the Recruitment Pack at the bottom of the page to read the full Job Description.
Charterhouse Lagos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned with recommendations from the International Task Force on Child Protection. We aspire to the highest international standards of recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, identity checks, criminal record checks, social media checks and successful references.
The personal data relating to candidates, including personal data provided in, or along with the enquiry and application forms, is required to be collected by Charterhouse Lagos, for purposes of candidate evaluation, and facilitating the recruitment process. By providing us with your personal data, you give your consent to us for collecting, retaining, processing, transferring (including cross-border transfer) and disclosing personal data to any third parties (including intra-group – Huntington Education Group) for achieving the above purpose.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Charterhouse Lagos, we want everyone to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work, whilst remaining true to the culture and laws of Nigeria. Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
Click here to read our Safeguarding Policy.
Click here to read our Privacy Notice.